About Me

My photo
I'm 18 years old, I'm a second quarter freshman in college. My major is chemistry, with a specialization in military science. I am a bit out there when it comes to being the down to earth type, usually I can keep my head and not go off into my own world, but most of the times I can't help it. My mind runs on about twenty different train tracks and I try to follow them all which gives me my crazy up in the clouds personality. I can be the sweet quiet one, until I get mad- then I'm the one you don't want to be around- but I usually keep my temper unless it is major. I'm a happy person in general and once I get comfortable I'll loosen up and be loud and laughing constantly.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Music Meaning




By: Mitchell Musso
Genre: Pop
Medium/Design: An up-beat song
Purpose: Tell that the singer is better off not having the person in their life
Stance: Happy, “walking in rain but feels just like it’s the sun” (Hey, Mitchell Musso)
Audience: Pre-teens, Teens that have been hurt by a girlfriend/boyfriend, young adults

                I chose the song Hey because I have had people in my life that have not been the greatest. I’m not saying that they were horrible but, they weren’t very good for me. Some of them where ones that put me down, mistreated me or didn’t really care about me when the truth came out. When I listen to this song it makes me realize that I’m happy those people don’t have sway over me any longer. I don’t have to deal with someone treating me like total crap if I don’t want to. I’ve moved on and I’m ready to get rid of that part of my life.
                I’ve never had the feeling that if I just went ahead of myself then I could do more than I ever thought. I truly feel like I’m walking through all the rain in my life but the sun is still shining down on me because I am being me and changing. This isn’t the obvious pick for someone with my musical taste, but it’s a song that has a way of telling me that without those people I really am doing fine and with the people I’m still having issues with I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment